Blog Writer – Google Maps is a digital map from Google which now has more and more users. In fact, almost every smartphone has this digital map and guide application. Yes, apart from digital maps, Google Maps is the main option used as a guide on smartphones.
However, there are times when this application does not work optimally. Well, if that’s the case, you definitely need a way to fix this inaccurate Google Maps. Of course this must be ensured that the smartphone is working in good condition.
How to Fix Inaccurate Google Maps
If that’s the case, you can use a few steps to fix the inaccurate Google Maps that Diadona has summarized. Without further ado, here are a few ways:
1. Compass Calibration
The way to fix inaccurate Google Maps is to fix the compass in the application. The purpose of this compass sensor is to determine the user’s location precisely. It’s really easy.
- Open the Google Maps app, then tap the blue circle icon indicating your current location
- Select the option “Calibrate” (Calibrate)
- Move the phone so that it forms a figure-eight-like pattern
- After the process is complete, the Google Maps sensor has been successfully calibrated
2. Clear Cache
The second way to fix inaccurate Google Maps is to clear cache data within the application. This is also useful for making apps lighter and running smoother. Here’s how:
- Go to the menu “Settings”> “Apps”
- Select the Google Maps application
- Select the “Clear Data” > “Clear Cache” option, you’re done.
3. Activate High Accuracy Mode
What you can do next as a way to fix the second inaccurate Google Maps is to activate High Accuracy Mode. With this you can determine the user’s location point more accurately. This can be done by:
- Go to the menu “Settings”> “Location”
- Select the option “Google Location Accuracy”
- Slide the toggle on the “Improve Location Accuracy” option until it turns green
- Go to the menu “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Location Services”
- Select the Google Maps application and slide the toggle on the “Precise Location” option until it turns green
- Please note, how to fix Google Maps is inaccurate, this one has quite a wasteful battery consumption.
4. Periodic app updates
Updating the app regularly every time there is an update also really helps the performance of Google Maps. You can do this as a way to fix inaccurate Google Maps.
Apart from providing the best performance, this app update also makes you use the latest features from Google Maps.
5. Restart the cellphone and make sure the connection is stable
The last way to fix inaccurate Google Maps is to restart your smartphone. This can also solve a number of problems. This can be a powerful solution when the cause of the Google Maps error is due to full RAM due to the many applications running in the background.
Also make sure the internet connection on your smartphone is good and stable. What to do if the inter connection is bad and unstable, it’s useless hehehe.
So there you have it, some ways to fix inaccurate Google Maps. So, don’t be confused if your Google Maps is not accurate. I already know how to fix it hehehe.